Hello, I’m Mark.
– I live in a small town in Derbyshire with my wife and two kids
– After leaving university with a graphic design degree I spent nine years working in London designing everything from websites for Pot Noodle to books for the Art Directors Club of Europe
– I’ve been a full-time professional photographer for 12 years, shooting weddings, events and other documentary projects all over the UK. One of my favourite jobs is photographing births. Yes, actual births!
– I love cheese (mine’s a Montagnolo Affine if you’re buying), but I’m lactose intolerant
– I’ve liked my music very loud since before I was a teen, and I used to have hair down to my waistband. Gigs in the diary for 2018 include While She Sleeps, Cannibal Corpse, Venom Prison and Code Orange. \m/
– I once arm-wrestled former World’s Strongest Man, Geoff Capes (Google him if you’re under 35)
Am I the wedding photographer for you?
I have photographed over 350 weddings and I’ve worked in almost every county in England, and occasionally further afield. I have photographed big weddings and small weddings. Grand weddings at stately homes and simple weddings in parents’ back gardens. Rural weddings and urban weddings. Church ceremonies, civil ceremonies and humanist ceremonies. English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Indian and French weddings.
I’m not into artificial lighting, staging or posing. I like reality. Spontaneous moments, frozen in an image, to be enjoyed forever. I’m not interested in trendy processing techniques and I don’t need to spend quality time with your shoes. I produce natural and honest storytelling wedding images with true-to-life colour and neutral black and whites that will look as great in 50 years time as they do now.
I shot my first wedding this way back in 2003, and this has been my approach ever since.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve seen and read, it would be a privilege to photograph your wedding. Please get in touch to check my availability for your date.
Award-Winning Wedding Photography
My work has been recognised repeatedly over the years by the Wedding Photojournalist Association, the International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers and Fearless Photographers, amongst others. Since 2015 I have also been a judge for the photography category of The Wedding Industry Awards.
Are you following me?
Keep up to speed with my adventures by following me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Links below!
Say hello, check my availability and get a copy of my brochure